How to Prepare for a Termite Inspection?
Do you have a termite inspection coming up? There are a few things you need to do to get ready for your inspection. The inspector will be examining your home for specific signs that point to termite activity. Here’s how you make sure everything goes smoothly:
- Remove any storage from areas under the sinks in your kitchen and bathroom: They inspector will need to check all water sources for termite activity. These pests need water to survive, so most sinks and drains can reveal whether termites are in your home.
- Move items outside the home two feet away from the exterior wall: Professionals need to check for any signs of termites tunneling into your home from the outside. They’ll be on the lookout for mud tubes on the walls of your home.
- Trim back any bushes or ground cover that conceals the walls or foundation: This will make it easier for your inspector to access the exterior walls of your home.
- Remove any storage in the interior of your garage about two feet away from the wall: Moving things away from the wall will give inspectors more room to check for mud tubes along the walls of your garage.
- If your home is on a raised foundation clear the access opening: Make it easier for the inspector to check your foundation by clearing the opening into the subarea. Move any items that block the entryway so the inspector can move quickly in and out of the foundation.
All these tips will help you prepare for your termite inspection and make it easier for your pest control company to determine if you a colony living on your property! Contact Premier Pest Control today to schedule an inspection. Our professionals know how to identify a termite infestation at any stage.